Welcome to Global Satellite Soccer Academy
Global Satellite Soccer Academy was established in 2003 as the brainchild of both Mick O’Brien, the late professional football scout for both Everton Football Club and Blackburn Rovers Football Club of the English Premier League and Jeff Hackett former Pro and International player and currently Head Soccer Coach of the Wexford Soccer Club.
Global Satellite Soccer Academy strives to meet the specific developmental demands of each individual player in our programs, not withstanding their age or ability. Global Satellite Soccer Academy provides a superior training environment that fosters the development of the player through skill acquisition, critical thinking and problem-solving in match play and in life.
Vision of Academy
Our Academy’s vision is designed with the technical and tactical development of the youth player in mind. Coaches work directly with Academy students to develop and enhance coordination, balance, technique, skill, tactical knowledge, vision, and communication. Emphasis will be placed on passing and receiving, dribbling, shooting, heading, movement into space with and without the ball, possession, and various defensive and offensive techniques. Global Satellite Soccer Academy differentiates itself by developing all concepts while encouraging creativity, freedom and imagination, making our Academy an enjoyable overall experience. Our Academy also differentiates itself by offer opportunities for youth players to be evaluated before Academy coaches and football personnel at Wigan, Blackburn Rovers, Everton, Liverpool Selects, and English Semi-Professional Club Cammell Laird of Birkenhead, Merseyside, Northern England.
Strategy of GSSA
To apply the most sophisticated training regimen in technical skills and tactical awareness via qualified coaches and ex-professionals such Dave Watson, Manager, Wigan Youth Academy, Paul Cunliffe, Youth Coach, Wigan Youth Academy and Jeff Hackett, Ex-Pro, Ex-International player and Local Head Soccer Coach.
Mission of GSSA
- To provide an opportunity for youth soccer players to reach their full potential.
- To encourage good sportsmanship; to encourage teamwork; and to teach the fundamental and necessary skills to play competitive youth soccer at all levels.
- To provide exceptional youth soccer players with a challenging program that will offer opportunities to compete in national and international competitions, with a goal that these players will gain exposure to enhance their opportunities to further their development as student athletes at the University / College level, Pro Academy students.
- The continued establishment of high profile soccer camps taught by professional coaches from England and well qualified local coaches.
- To source, attract, recruit and develop all kids interested in becoming outstanding soccer players through smart work, hard work and discipline.
- Revolutionize opportunities for Canadian Youth Players at the pro, academy and university / college level.
- Establish annual growth rate for our camps through outstanding service, consistent placements at the higher levels and the continued provision of great opportunities and experiences for Canadian youth players.